Client’s Attorney’s Checklist for Scheduling Hearings Before Jac E. Knust
File Complaint for Absolute Divorce, pay court costs, and serve adverse party with Complaint and related documents.
File Request for Hearing or Proceeding with Clerk
- Visit http://www.mdcourts.gov/family/forms/ccdr059.pdf
- Indicate the following under the first section:
1. Other : Hearing before Standing Examiner Jac E. Knust
- Under the second section indicate:
- Complete Certificate of Service and mail a copy of Pleadings to adverse party or counsel.
- Email a copy of Request for Hearing to SpecialMagistrate@jknust.com
After receipt of Order of Referral from Court, visit the calendar and suggest preferred dates and times for hearing.
Diary on your calendar the date, time, and place for your client’s hearing.
Visit https://payments.lawpay.com/bpl/lp1188976 to pay for hearing via credit card or mail attorney check in the amount of $200 made payable to “Jac E. Knust” to:
- Jac E. Knust, The Collaborative Law Group
- 10440 Little Patuxent Parkway Suite 900
- Columbia, MD 21044-3426
Prepare for hearing by reviewing model questions with your client and corroborating witness.
Inform client and witness of availability of video showing model uncontested divorce hearings.
Document Preparation for Hearing
Complete data fields in Proposed Judgment of Absolute Divorce.
Complete data fields in Proposed Report and Recommendation of Standing Examiner.
If desired, complete a waiver of 10-day waiting period pursuant to Rule 9-207(d) MRP, visit this page.
Complete MD Child Support Guidelines Worksheet
Gather evidence to support any requested deviation from the MCSG and make copies of documents to be presented to the Standing Examiner.