1. What is the cost of a hearing for an uncontested divorce before a Standing Examiner?
The Circuit Court for Howard County has set the fee at $200.00 for the hearing.
2. How can I pay this fee?
Cash (before the hearing)
Credit card (https://secure.lawpay.com/pages/the-collaborative-law-group/trust)
Money order or a Bank certified check
An attorney’s check
3. To whom should the bank check, money order, or attorney’s checks be made payable?
Jac E. Knust
4. Where will the hearing be held?
The Collaborative Law Group
10440 Little Patuxent Parkway, Suite 900
Columbia, MD 21044
We are located directly south of J. C. Penney at The Mall In Columbia in a 12-story brown brick building. There is a PNC Bank in the lobby and free parking next to the building or at The Mall In Columbia parking lot. Get directions here.
5. How can I setup a hearing date and time?
Follow this link to www.standingexaminer.com and select the calendar to schedule a convenient appointment.
6. What is a Standing Examiner?
A Standing Examiner is a privately practicing attorney appointed by The Court to take testimony in uncontested divorce cases and to make recommendations to The Court as to whether or not the statutory grounds for divorce have been met and whether a divorce should be granted.
7. Are there advantages to presenting an uncontested divorce case before a Standing Examiner instead of appearing in Court before the judge?
Usually, hearings can be scheduled more quickly and at times more convenient to the scheduling party. The hearing is held in a private professional office environment, which is less formal and more confidential than appearing in a public court setting.